Wednesday, April 23, 2008

catching up

it's pretty much 2 months to the day since I got here - a quick overview of the time is not so difficult becasue it mainly will be work, which I don't think I'm going to spend much time discussing here, becasue I'm selling an idea a day to Dilbert. If anyone knows where I can get a bulk supply of "The Peter Principle" as staff gifts, please let me know.

I'm planning my own version in 12 months.

Shanghai for the first 2 weeks was cold and dry - so dry the skin started peeling off my legs. It wasn't much colder than a Melbourne winter - I don't really believe 12 years in Sydney has weakend my consitution to that extent. Anyway, Guangzhou, with its 95+% humidity solved that problem.

The hotel in Shanghai was at the edge of a bit of Shanghai that I was kind of surprised to find still exists, an area which apart from being overshadowed by skyscrapers, appears untouched by the past 30 years. I was in Shanghai in 1990, and this bit would have looked identical then.

No comments: